2022 Q2 Tax Calendar: Key Deadlines for Businesses and Other Employers
March 28th, 2022/Advisory
Here are some of the key federal tax-related deadlines that apply to businesses and other employers during the second quarter of 2022. Keep in mind that this list isn’t all-inclusive and does not include specific state filing deadlines so there may be additional filing dates that apply to you. Contact us to ensure you’re meeting all applicable deadlines and to learn more about the filing requirements.
April 18 (normally April 15; however, the deadline changed to April 18 in 2022 due to observance of Emancipation Day).
- If you’re a calendar-year corporation, file a 2021 income tax return (Form 1120) or file for an automatic six-month extension (Form 7004) and pay any tax due.
- Corporations pay the first installment of 2022 estimated income taxes.
- For individuals, file a 2021 income tax return (Form 1040) or file for an automatic six-month extension (Form 4868) and paying any tax due. (See June 15 for an exception for certain taxpayers.)
- For individuals, pay the first installment of 2022 estimated taxes, if you don’t pay income tax through withholding (Form 1040-ES).
- Employers report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for the first quarter of 2022 (Form 941) and pay any tax due.
- Employers report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for the first quarter of 2022 (Form 941), if you deposited on time and fully paid all of the associated taxes due.
- Corporations pay the second installment of 2022 estimated income taxes.
- California – PTE initial payments due for 2022 taxable year